Friday 6 June 2014

Embraer ERJ 140

This is the Embraer ERJ 140 by 'danklaue'.

The ERJ 140 is based on the ERJ 145 with 96% parts commonality and the same crew type rating. The only significant changes are a shorter fuselage, a slightly derated engine and an increased range. At launch, Embraer estimated the cost of an ERJ 140 to be approximately US$15.2 million. The estimated cost of development of the ERJ 140 was US$45 million. The ERJ 135, with a service entry date of 1999, has 95% parts commonality with the ERJ 145, but is 11.7 feet (3.6 m) shorter.

This aircraft is very bad. On takeoff, as usual, the flaps are lowered depending on the length of the runaway. The airport I was taking off from was Heathrow, so I decreased the flaps by one notch. I saw that the stall speed moved down to 70 knots, which I found quite odd.

Later, when hurtling down the runaway, at 100 knots I encountered flap over-speed, which would not occur at that speed.

This aircraft has 4 liveries, but I would not get it, as it is very inaccurate.



No comments:

Post a Comment